Superior equine nutrition for a lifetime of good health
For horse owners in the Geauga County area, Geauga Feed & Grain Supply offers the highest quality feeds to ensure top performance, growth, strength, and stamina. The right nutritional program will help keep your foal, pregnant mare, or stallion at top level no matter your goal. Whether you are developing a young athlete or raising a companion trail rider, we can recommend a nutrition plan that’s tailored to your horse’s age, activity level, weight, pasture and hay habits so they receive the optimum amount of protein, fat, fiber, vitamins and minerals.
Hey, don’t forget to ask us about our free hay analysis
Because proper nutrition is key to your horse’s health, longevity, and performance, having your hay analyzed will help determine the amounts of nutrients present in your hay. This will allow you to properly balance your horse’s ration with their other feed sources. Call us at (440) 564-5000 for information and tips on collecting your sample.
We carry only the best horse feed brands
Because each brand of equine feed contains not only different ingredients — but different percentages of ingredients — we encourage you to talk to us about which mix might be best for your particular animal. We stock high-quality horse food in pellet form, sweet feed (fresh grains plus pellets), and solid block feed.
Bulk farm order delivery is available. Call (440) 564-5000 for details.
Progressive Nutrition draws on the largest, most complete nutritional staff in the U.S. and around the world. Their leadership in nutritional science, coupled with their access to high-quality feed ingredients and state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities, make Progressive Nutrition the premier choice for your horse feed and feeding program.
Blue Seal knows your horse’s health is important to you. The best foundation for good health is a balanced diet made from high-quality ingredients. Whether your horse is a companion pet, broodmare, growing foal, or competes in equine events, Blue Seal Feeds has a feed to provide the balanced nutrition to excel and maintain proper health.
Nutrena knows it takes optimum nutrition to help your horse to develop properly, stay healthy and perform to the best of its ability. While others only consider ingredients – Nutrena focuses on nutrients. That’s why their equine nutritional solutions are formulated to deliver the right balance of nutrients your horse needs every day.
Basic horse feeding and care tips
- Provide clean, fresh water daily for your horse
- Have your hay tested to address deficiencies and balance toxic mineral levels
- Feed your horse products that are specifically formulated for their species
- Avoid feeding straight corn to your horse
- Feed your horse only as much they will consume, with little or no waste
- Feed your horse in a stall when possible to prevent wasting hay and competing with the herd
- Keep hay in a feeder with solid sides and bottoms
- Give your horse daily outdoor exercise, companionship and stimulation
- Make sure your horse has a cool and comfortable place to rest in the shade
- Maintain a sound vaccination and deworming program
- Keep up with regular hoof cleaning plus trimming or shoeing
- Have your horse’s teeth checked and smoothed regularly by a veterinarian or equine dentist
We raise horses ourselves and are happy to answer any questions you may have about their nutrition. We also perform hay analysis testing at our store to ensure your horse’s diet is a healthy one. Call us at (440) 564-5000 with any questions or concerns.